At Outerdawn, we are all about mobile games that make an impact.
We share a mission to become a leading game studio within the Southern Hemisphere, bringing thrilling worlds and exciting gameplay to millions of players. Based in Auckland’s sunny North Shore area, we are a growing team of energetic veterans and talented newcomers. We are an inspired and inspiring independent studio, and we have an opening with your name on it.
We are seeking a 3D Game Art Generalist to join our talented team on our current and upcoming titles. If you are looking to make your creative mark in the gaming world, this role is for you!
What you will be doing:
- Creating high quality semi-stylized to stylized 3D assets across a wide range of categories: characters, creatures, environments, props, etc.
- Setting up and optimize assets to fit technical requirements.
- Implementing assets into the project within Unity.
- Working with the team and Art Director to define and/or expand on a visual style.
- Occasionally creating marketing assets to show off the game.
- Passionate about gaming, particularly mobile games.
- Great knowledge and artistic ability within Maya and Zbrush (preferably, but open to others); modelling, texturing, import/export processes.
- Confidence and hands-on aptitude with Unity.
- Fluent English, verbal and written.
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills, a friendly and approachable attitude.
- Enjoy working both independently and collaboratively, taking ownership of a feature if needed to drive it home.
- Keep up to date with new tools/methods.
- A personal drive and ambition with your 3D art career within the games industry.
- Ability to work remotely when/if needed.
Favorable skills to also have:
- Previous work experience as a 3D Game Artist, with released game titles (Intermediate & Senior positions available)
- Familiarity with Substance and PBR materials.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring.
- Animation skills.
- Great eye for lighting/rendering & Shader and/or VFX skills.
What we can do for you:
- A competitive salary.
- Wellness days off.
- Many social activities and events.
- Job development.
- Health insurance.
Please include a portfolio and/or work samples as part of your application. You may be requested to complete an art test.