We're on the hunt for a Game Designer (Mid-Level) extraordinaire, who has the passion and drive in crafting captivating and fun game experiences!
Located on the sunny North Shore of Auckland, our gaming studio is on the lookout for a talented Game Designer who wants to join a diverse team of passionate gamers trying to make their mark on the world!
As a Game Designer you'll take responsibility for sections of the game design, delivering documentation and playing a role in feature teams. Liaising with other Game Designers, you will create high quality feature designs and work closely with all disciplines to implement them to the highest standard.
What you will be doing:
- Game design documentation, script writing, level-design, level scripting, data entry and game balancing, playing and reviewing our games as well as our competitors';
- Design engaging and creative gameplay systems with fun features that will improve user experience, engagement and monetization, as well as helping develop prototypes that relate to the vision of the features and/or tasks for which you are responsible;
- Update all project documents and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality and help the design and development team with day-to-day production tasks;
- Design quests and mission, from concept to working with the narrative designer on final content.
- Research and develop, contribute in market studies and trends and propose new game concepts/ideas;
- Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project;
- Keeps current on and proposes innovative design methods and processes;
- 3+ years experience in game design
- Experience with Unity
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions
- You have some level of game development experience, preferably working on F2P games
- You have experience designing core game systems
- You have broad knowledge of the mobile market
Favorable skills to also have:
What we can do for you:
- A competitive salary
- Wellness days off
- Gym / Club Membership Allowance
- Southern Cross Wellbeing Two cover
- Lively and regular social events
- Weekly fruit + coffee machine
- The chance to be instrumental in the success of a growing and ambitious studio
This is a full time permanent role, 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday), based in New Zealand
Relocation Package available if required. Role is open for NZ Citizens, Permanent Residence or Work Visa Holders