Here at Outerdawn, we are seeking a Junior UI Tech Artist to join our talented team in creating our next exciting title. If you are looking to make your creative mark in the gaming world, this role is for you!
We share a mission to become a leading game studio within the Southern Hemisphere, bringing thrilling worlds and exciting gameplay to millions of players.
Based in Auckland’s sunny North Shore area, we are a growing team of energetic veterans and talented newcomers. We are an inspired and inspiring independent studio, and we have an opening with your name on it.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with UI Artists and UI programmers to implement UI solutions.
- Designing and prototyping features collaboratively with UI Artists.
- Implement, maintain, and animate final UI assets in Unity Engine.
- Testing UI content.
- Collaborate with the UI team to establish the balance between function and visual quality.
- Helping maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with best practises and new techniques to keep the Game UI in line with modern standards
What you need:
- A good eye for graphic design, UI and motion graphics, and how they are used in games.
- Fundamental artistic skills (colour, shape, composition, typography), shown with your portfolio.
- Confidence and hands-on aptitude with Unity.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (namely Photoshop).
- Fluent English, verbal and written.
- Excellent communication skills, a friendly and approachable attitude.
- Openness to collaborate and build great UI with a team.
- Ability to self-manage and take ownership of a feature if needed to drive it home.
- A personal drive and ambition with your UI career within the games industry.
- Enjoys gaming, both mobile and console/PC.
Favorable skills to also have:
- Previous work experience as a UI Artist/Designer, with released game titles.
- Ability to create compelling UI assets.
- Skills with After Effects.
- Creating VFX for UI within Unity.
- Experience and skills in creating websites (CSS, Webflow etc.).
What we can do for you:
- A competitive salary.
- Wellness days off.
- Gym membership support.
- Many social activities and events.
- Job development.
- Health insurance.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea.
If required, you may be required to complete an art test to showcase your ability.
Must have a valid NZ working visa