At Outerdawn, we are all about mobile games that make an impact.
We share a mission to become a leading game studio within the Southern Hemisphere, bringing thrilling worlds and exciting gameplay to millions of players. Based in Auckland’s sunny North Shore area, we are a growing team of energetic veterans and talented newcomers. We are an inspired and inspiring independent studio, and we have an opening with your name on it.
We are seeking an Animator to join our talented team on our current and upcoming titles. If you are looking to make your creative mark in the gaming world, this role is for you!
What you will be doing:
- Creating high quality gameplay animations, with a great eye for character personality.
- Rigging, optimizing and implementing animations into the project, fitting technical requirements.
- Working with the art team and Art Director to define the look and feel of animations.
- Occasionally create marketing material to show off the game.
- Passionate about gaming, particularly mobile games.
- Great knowledge and ability within Maya and Unity Engine (animation controllers etc.)
- Confidence and hands-on aptitude with Unity.
- Fluent English, verbal and written.
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills, a friendly and approachable attitude.
- Enjoy working both independently and collaboratively, taking ownership of a feature if needed to drive it home.
- Keep up to date with new tools/methods.
- A personal drive and ambition with your 3D art career within the games industry.
- Ability to work remotely when/if needed.
Favorable skills to also have:
- Previous work experience as an Animator, with released game titles (Intermediate/Senior positions available)
- Experience leading and/or mentoring.
- Great eye for lighting/rendering.
- Shader and/or VFX skills.
- Familiarity with Spine
What we can do for you:
- A competitive salary.
- Wellness days off.
- Many social activities and events.
- Job development.
- Health insurance.
Please include a portfolio and/or work samples as part of your application. You may be requested to complete an art test.