We are seeking a Lead 3D Artist to join our talented team on our current and upcoming titles. If you are looking to make your creative mark in the gaming world, this role is for you!
Based in Auckland’s sunny North Shore area, we are a growing team of energetic veterans and talented newcomers. We are an inspired and inspiring independent studio, and we have an opening with your name on it!
What you will be doing:
- Work with team and Art Director to establish look and feel for the game, with key renders.
- Oversee the quality of 3D game content, ensuring a high standard and following of vision.
- Lead and develop a team of 3D artists in the creation of 3D game content (characters, environments etc)
- Assist in hiring and management of 3D artists; mentoring and inspiring your team.
- Be hands on and able to create game content when needed.
- Develop and manage a pipeline through to final game-ready assets, ensuring assets fit technical requirements & work with production team to manage deliverables and final quality.
- Implementation of final assets into game engine (Unity) & occasionally create marketing assets to show off the game.
- Passionate about gaming, particularly mobile games.
- Great knowledge and artistic ability within Maya and Zbrush (preferably, but open to others); modelling, texturing, import/export processes.
- Confidence and hands-on aptitude with Unity.
- Fluent English, verbal and written.
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills, a friendly and approachable attitude.
- Enjoy working both independently and collaboratively, taking ownership of a feature if needed to drive it home.
- Keep up to date with new tools/methods.
- A personal drive and ambition with your 3D art career within the games industry.
- Ability to work remotely when/if needed.
Favorable skills to also have:
- Previous work experience as a 3D Game Artist, with released game titles.
- Familiarity with Substance and PBR materials.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring.
- Animation skills.
- Great eye for lighting/rendering & Shader and/or VFX skills.
What we can do for you:
- A competitive salary.
- Wellness days off.
- Many social activities and events.
- Job development.
- Health insurance.
- Relocation and Visa Assistance.
Please include a portfolio and/or work samples as part of your application.